Monday, November 24, 2008

Sticks and Stones may break my bones....

Beaner, Guido, wetback, pasta jockey... You know the words. I am from Italian/Hispanic decent. My grandpa was from Italy and Grandma from Spain. Should I be offended by words that are used by others??? If I rob a gas station am I morally challenged??? If I am bald does that make me folically challenged??? If I am blind am I visually challenged or am I blind??? I am 5'7" tall so am I vertically challenged??? If I was ugly does that make me cosmetically challenged?? If I am a pregnant student with one leg and a low IQ am I a Non Traditional learner??? Should I say Happy Holidays during Christmas week?? If I have a HUGE nose does that make me nasally disadvantaged?? Poor= economically disadvantaged?? When did the PC police come to our neighborhood and arrest everyone that walks through our streets of society?? I am tired of walking on eggshells every time I open my mouth. I can't believe that an old nursery rhyme may actually save us all but who knows..

Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones but Words will Never hurt me!!!

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Thank you Monkey Man, I totally agree.

Sincerely, fatso.

Thomas said...

I'm suffering from a bit of Insomnia tonight.

No we did not play checkers, wayne was hungry and couldn't be bothered.
but a did sneak my butt into a rocking chair and "yike'd" at the price.