Tuesday, July 29, 2008

No more HGTV.

I have to go on a self imposed ban from HGTV. My sister moved into a new apartment. She is young, straight, and has ZERO budget for design. I have spent the last two weekends with her at Target, Pier One, and Crate and Barrel. Her window panels tie in with the comforter in the bedroom. The barstools bring out the accessories in the dining room. The bathroom is spa like and luxurious. This is all in a 800 sf apartment in the hood!!!! I can't help myself. I need to stop accessorizing. Put the floating shelf and framed mirror down and back away from the ergonomically correct leather chair! I enjoy many masculine things such as College Football, NFL, MLB, NHL, March Madness, and Nascar but when I get near home accessories, fab paint colors, or sexy new furniture I put down my football, pick up my purse and head out to do some serious damage.

6 comments:

daveincleveland said...

perhaps you need to come to cleveland...i need desperate help decorating my new house...hmmmm just imagine a whole, 4 bdr house to decorate.....

Anonymous said...

^^^^ Just don't break out the dress and clip-on earrings. But if you do, take a picture. You're a good brother.

Vicky said...

Thank you!!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! I'm glad things finally worked out here!!!

Anonymous said...

Why haven't you made yourself a Superhero! Get to work!

Tlaloc said...

Your such a girl!

Michael said...

LOL...now you're talkin' my language. My hubby is the sports nut...I'm the HGTV nut.